Saturday, November 01, 2008

Here Goes...

I've for the most part been avoiding "talking" about this subject, the presidential election (sigh). Why? It's such an important topic/thing/subject! Yet it can get people so riled up. Maybe that's why I'm always finding something else to post about. Yet it's near and dear to my heart.

It doesn't take much looking around my blog to guess that we are McCain supporters.

One thing I must say. Being pro-life doesn't automatically make you a good president. It doesn't automatically qualify someone. HOWEVER, being pro-choice/pro-abortion automatically disqualifies someone. Abortion is literally the holocaust of our day.

One other point. I've noticed some Obama supporters suggesting that if you are a McCain supporter, you aren't supporting the children that are already here, that live through their birth. Ok, as Christians we need MORE of the walk the walk and not just talk the talk. I could do more. You could do more. There are people out there alive and hurting. We need to be the hands and feet of Christ, not just His voice.

But please don't assume because I would like to save millions of unborn children, that I don't want the best for born children. Although we need lots more of stepping up to the plate, those of us who are pro-life and voting for McCain, are also pro-life for those who have been born.

I took this from Randy Alcorn's blog (he took it from another blog, see his website for the exact location)...

George then raises the fact that many today are suggesting that one can be pro-life and pro-Obama:Yet there are Catholics and Evangelicals—even self-identified pro-life Catholics and Evangelicals—who aggressively promote Obama’s candidacy and even declare him the preferred candidate from the pro-life point of view.

What is going on here?

I have examined the arguments advanced by Obama’s self-identified pro-life supporters, and they are spectacularly weak. It is nearly unfathomable to me that those advancing them can honestly believe what they are saying. But before proving my claims about Obama’s abortion extremism, let me explain why I have described Obama as “pro-abortion” rather than “pro-choice.”


George proceeds to work through Obama's legislative career—which has merited a 100% rating each year from the
NARAL Pro-Choice America's Congressional Record on Choice—to show Obama's unmitigated commitment to abortion, even when the legislation has nothing to do with making abortion illegal. For example:

1. Obama "has promised to seek repeal of the Hyde Amendment, which has for many years protected pro-life citizens from having to pay for abortions that are not necessary to save the life of the mother and are not the result of rape or incest."

2. Obama has promised that
“the first thing I’d do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act” ( FOCA). This would make abortion a federally guaranteed right through all nine months of pregnancy for any reason. Virtually every state and federal limitation on abortion that is currently on the books would be abolished (e.g., parental consent and notification laws for minors).

3. Obama opposes the ban on the heinous practice of partial-birth abortion and
strongly disagreed with the Supreme Court ruling to uphold the ban.

4. Obama wishes to
strip federal funding from pro-life crisis pregnancy centers that provide alternatives to abortion for pregnant women in need.

5. Obama refused to support the pro-life Democrats'
“95-10” legislation (designed to reduce the number of abortions by 95% in 10 years by strengthening the social safety net for poor women). This would not have made abortion illegal; it would seek to reduce abortion.

6. Obama "opposed legislation to protect children who are born alive, either as a result of an abortionist’s unsuccessful effort to kill them in the womb, or by the deliberate delivery of the baby prior to viability." The bill contained a specific provision that ensured that the bill would not affect abortion laws (Obama and his campaign lied about this fact until it was proven in the records).

7. Obama has co-sponsored a
bill authorizing the large-scale industrial production of human embryos for use in biomedical research in which they would be killed. It would require the killing of human beings in the embryonic stage that were produced by cloning, and would make it a federal crime for a woman to save an embryo by agreeing to have the tiny developing human being implanted in her womb so that he or she could be brought to term.

8. Obama was one of the few senators to oppose a
bill that would have put a modest amount of federal money into research that would develop methods to produce the exact equivalent of embryonic stem cells without using (or producing) embryos. "From any rational vantage point, this is unconscionable. . . . Why create and kill human embryos when there are alternatives that do not require the taking of nascent human lives? It is as if Obama is opposed to stem-cell research unless it involves killing human embryos."

There are loads of facts on Randy's blog, check them out at www.randyalcorn.com.

Anyone else ready for the election to be over? God's will be done and GOD BLESS AMERICA!

3 comments:

jennifer said...

Girl, I can hardly blog these past few days. I couldn't even bring myself to post Halloween pictures because what I really want to post is a "blast" to all the Obama supporters. I just want to yell "Wake Up" I have never been so stressed about an election in my life. I just don't understand how people can be so oblivious to the truth. Sorry to rant, I just can't take it anymore.

Anonymous said...

I like your last 2 sentences best:) I'm ready for the election to be done too! I hope your adoption paperwork comes quickly!

janelle said...

Carey, I have had the same urge to post about the election and have not - not because I'm afraid to stand up for what I believe but because (just like in Lyon County when we voted on the Casino) it seems this election is tearing our country apart.

This morning I was so tempted to turn on FOX news to see what was "going on" but I opted for praying about the elections rather than listening to people talk about them. God is BIG - I'm praying he shows up in a BIG way today!