We Made it!
Talked to our agency today...we made it through the authentication process, even with the "holes"!! Yippee!! Hip hip hooray!! Our dossier is on it way back to our agency, and then they will send it to E. Yeah!!
Some "bad" news also today, though. The process in E is getting bottlenecked and taking longer. Because of things such as China's lengthy wait, Guatemala closing, and other countries' problems as well, E is started to get flooded with dossiers. There are only 2 judges that hear adoption cases, and they also hear other things, so they only have so many "slots" for adoption. Kinda like my doc who only has so many slots for physicals, so its a couple month wait when I call (hmmm....it's been a while, I should probably get that done, too!). People who just got their court dates last week from our agency got them for the end of December. We're looking at January or even February for our court date, then if we pass, it could be 8 weeks (it has been about 5 weeks) before we travel. Usually if you don't pass court your new court date is 2 weeks later, but...that will probably be extended, too. Resting in the fact that God is in control.
It looks like He didn't approve of my plan. Shucks! I was hoping to have the kids home in February so I would have time to homeschool Svanna through Kindergarten before fall and she could start 1st grade then. Hmmm....not looking likely. I may have to keep her home a year and homeschool. One day at a time, Lord Jesus, one day at a time!
Thanks for celebrating our paperwork passing with me! God Bless!







12 comments:
Celebrating your 'authentication' victory with you!!
So glad to hear the paperwork is all OK!!! What a relief! Sorry the wait looks a bit longer...but hopefully the time will fly by! With your family at home to keep you busy and the Holidays it will be time to travel before you know it!! The wait is hard I know...but we pray the Lord will keep them same till you can be with them! Hugs
Yippee!!!!
The Tigger pic is perfect! Bouncy, Flouncy, Trouncy, Pouncy, FUN FUN FUN FUN! We are praising God with you, and will continue praying for the other areas.
You are so inspiring, Carey. You always point out the positive news first, and have such a thankful heart that shines in all you do. I'm looking forward to working alongside you in two weeks as we praise God together!
Congratulations!! One step at a time!! Hang in there.
Yeah!!! I wouldn't count out the fact that they won't be home by Feb. You never know. God is in complete control and it just might be His plan to have them home by Feb. I will be praying for a quick process once your paperwork arrives.
Wonderful news. We're praying for a speedy court date and quick processing for you and your family.
I had heard things were slowing down due to the large numbers of people wanting to adopt from E ... Good thing it isn't news to God ... I will be praying for your journey ...so thankful the paperwork will be on its way !!!! i just know that is a relief ...
Wonderful news, Carey. They'll be here in a blink of an eye.
Hooray!!
This is beautiful news, Carey! Congrats on making it over this hurdle.
So glad you made it through!
Post a Comment