Tuesday, November 04, 2008

"...Smell My Feet..."

Trick or Treats anyone?
We had a good, albeit adventurous night! The girls, especially Sierra, got a HUGE kick out of telling people (that we knew) the "trick or treat, smell my feet", poem, as she called it. It was cute, you'd think she'd written it herself!

Here we have a 50s girl, Cleopatra, Thomas the Train, a tiger, and a....hmmm...frazzled mom? A mom that just got out of bed? A more accurate view of a desperate housewife, perhaps? LOL Brandy was in the field so he couldn't go with us this year.

Trick or Treating at Great Grandma's house...

A very cute tiger!


Since Halloween was actually on a weekend this year, we decided we could stay up a little later and make a trip to the Hallelujah party put on by a church in the area. We've only gone one other year, and the kids loved it. Lots of games for prizes. Kids in costumes, or not in costumes. I bumped into quite a few friends who really appreciated my outfit. Ha!

The weather was pretty nice this year. Even though we had to walk a bit to get to the party, we left our coats in the van. I had taken "Bob" as there's more room for costumes, etc. On the way out to the van, when we were trying to get there fast cuz we were a bit cold, I realized I DIDN'T HAVE THE KEYS!

First I thought I had been hanging onto my house keys and thought they were the van keys. I'm used to having automatic doors where I just push a button to unlock it.

THANKFULLY, my friend, Deb, was walking out about the same time we were, with another friend of hers. She stood with me as I looked at the van, like what now? It had been a very crazy couple of weeks and I think my brain just parked it in neutral. The kids (boys) ran around crazy while we tried to look in to see if we could see the keys. Then I called Brandy for help. He was a 1/2 hour away harvesting corn. It would probably be at least an hour, probably more, before he could get there. sigh. Deb's friend had a flashlight in her car, and we looked in the van...no sign of the keys. Hmmm...

Then (what a God thing!) Deb's friend remembered seeing a key on a table! She went inside to check and sure enough, it was our van key!! What are the chances of that? Thank you Lord! I'd had the keys in the big pockets of my robe, and the kids were sticking their tickets for free stuff in my pockets as well. They must have fallen out. So I took Big Bob through McDonald's, and home we went! Yeah!

4 comments:

JulieM said...

It looks like you had a fun Halloween!! Your kids are darling and I love your costume!

jennifer said...

That is such an awful feeling! Thank goodness you found them!

Love your costume!

Sara said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Glad you found your keys.
The kids look adorable - and you too!

Miriam said...

It was good to see you! And are you REALLY that suprised that God knew where your keys were and placed Deb at the scene to help you? :-)