Bye Bye "Old" Van
A wonderful family is now officially the new owner of our Town and Country. They picked it up today since they're visiting family in our state.
Small world. No...actually enormous world...but sometimes...small. I listed it on Ebay, but it didn't make my reserve price. However, later on the highest bidder contacted me about buying it at our lowest price.
Through first email contacts we shared some information not just on the van but on ourselves...built up a relationship of do-I-want-to-buy/sell-this-van-to-this-person.
Well, he googled us, even though he didn't have our full names he was able to figure it out with our phone number. (Now before you think this is a stalking thing it has a good ending) So I get this email.
Do you go to such-and-such church?
WHAT in the WORLD anyway? HOW would he know that?!? I was a bit taken a back.
Well, turns out he found out our address and thought, that's not SO far from such-and-such church. Checked out the bulletin and there we were!
What's a small world? He's the Sr. Pastor at the church where our Sr. Pastor used to pastor at in Washington (could you follow all that?). He even emailed us a picture of the wall in their church with their picture and our Pastor's picture on it. In case you're wondering, our Pastor had quite the mustache back in those days. (smile)
Even though Bob's not the best starting on ice, and he has almost no extras. I'm still happy with him. And praying our "old" van proves worthy to her new family.
Well, tonight I just finished putting the 2nd coat of varnish on the woodwork and a door for the basement. Whoo Hoo!!! Ok, I didn't mean that as excited as that whoo hoo sounds cuz I'm exhausted. Ha! I forgot that the hardest part of finishing woodwork is sanding 320 feet plus a door. Even tho technically I didn't get any strengthening exercise in today, I think my right bicep and other muscles would disagree...so I'm including it in my list!! (a smile again!) But one more sanding and most of it is DONE. Now that's a whoo hoo! The doors gonna need one more coat of varnish, but that's not too big of a deal. And my wonderful fabulous awesome sweet hubby who hates to paint has primed the entire new part of the basement and has started putting color on it as well. It looks great! Love ya, babe! Good night all!
Marathon 25
- 64 oz water
- vitamins
- 5 fruits and veggies (yippee!!)
- strength training!! ha!
- no eating after 8:30 (even tho I'm hungry right now!!!)
- I'll let you know tomorrow if I made 10:30...
Oh, and welcome to Cheryl!!! Glad to have you along for the marathon ride!!! Who's next?!?






No comments:
Post a Comment