Friends in High Places
"I'm so excited...and I just can't hide it..." (Come on, sing with me!)
Thank you, Lord God!! Yippee!!
Well, we haven't received our I-171H yet. Those of you in the adoption community know that this little document is very important. Basically it allows you to bring your kiddos into the States.
Ours hasn't come yet. We need it for our court date...January 27. We need it a couple days BEFORE our court date actually, or our representatives can't go to E court for us.
I should have been contacting someone a month ago. But I kept thinking...our last one came just fine on it's own. This one will, too. Don't stress out.
But each day it didn't come.
Yesterday, I was on my knees praying as Brandy got the mail. I prayed that it be in our mailbox, and that if it wasn't in there, that He would show me who to contact to get it moving along. Well, no dice. It wasn't in the mail.
Last week I TRIED to get a hold of the powers-that-be to find out where in the world it was. We had our fingerprint appointment in November. Come on already. I got a hold of people only to have them tell me to call another number...when I finally found the number I was told was the right number, I left 3 messages in one day. That was last Thursday. No call back.
Finally, yesterday, I called again and got a live human being. She said I had to email the right person and gave me the (wrong) email address. I tried to email.
Our agency said to call our congressman. I know that has worked for a friend of ours. But before I tried that I thought I'd try have a friend that works for Homeland Security, Brett.
He jumped through hoops for us! Made like a dozen phone calls. In the meantime gave me the correct email to try.
Well, a little while ago I got a fairly polite but not-so-friendly email reply from the correct person (don't think she liked the squeeeeze our friend put on her) saying our I171H was completed and mailed out yesterday.
Yippee!! It's good to have friends in High places! Thanks, Lord, for letting me know who to contact. And thanks, Brett, for going out of your way to help us.






6 comments:
Praise God for Friends/Congressmens. It sounds like a lot of us have to rely on other sources to get those papers home! Ugh! I am so thankful it is on the way to your house! Praying for your court date!! No dance, Brynn misses it! Take Care and Stay warm!!
OH! That is painful! I hope you get it soon!!!
Wonderful! Glad your and his efforts were successful. We had a similar experience getting our approval. Praying for you as you prepare.
I so love to watch God's hands at work! It's really evidence that our lives are in his hands! Praisin' Him on your behalf!
WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!
Over and over again this truth rings true: It's not what you know, it's who you know. Glad the One that knows us had someone in place to help you out!
Post a Comment