Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Marathon Monday Recap

As you can see...I didn't make 10:30! But we got a lot accomplished tonight. Some primer put on walls, some more staining and varnishing. It's coming!

I listened to some really good talk radio on my ipod while I was staining tonight. It got me thinking. There's been a lot of naysayers about the upcoming year. Did you run into some "stinking thinking" over the holidays? Negative people that had to tell you the world was coming to an end? New president, recession, things are going to get worse...on and on. Look out, "stinking thinking" tends to rub off on you. For me, anyway, it's easy to get caught up in that. But let's think of the glass as 1/2 full, actually, as 3/4s full, shall we? I think 2009 is going to be a GREAT year. And not just because we get to bring our kiddos home (God willing). God's gonna do great things in 2009!!! And I can't wait to see it. He's got lessons for us to learn, but also loads of blessings. Welcome 2009!

I forgot to post Marathon Monday results in my Marathon Monday post today. So...

Marathon 22

  • vitamins
  • 64 oz water
  • 40+ min aerobics
  • no eating after 8:30
  • low sugar
  • Bible searching
Marathon 23 (today)
  • vitamins
  • 64 oz water
  • 45+ minutes aerobics
  • no eating after 8:30
  • Low sugar

1 comment:

Heather said...

Carey, I needed to read these words so much that after doing so, tears are stinging my eyes. :) OUT with the stinkin' thinkin' -- I don't have time to listen to it anymore! IN with the excited expectancy -- I'm totally stoked to see what God has in store for 2009. Thank you for putting this down in words. You are a blessing.