Friday, February 20, 2009

Bed to Myself? Think again!

Brandy is working at Cursillo this weekend. For those of you who may be knew to my blog, Cursillo is described officially as a "short course in Christian living" (ok, might not be exact wording, I'm too tired to look it up at the moment!). I prefer to describe it as a wonderful spiritual retreat where you get to spend 3 days discovering how much God loves YOU.


Brandy and I went through Cursillo as candidates 7 years ago. Since then the weekends have been a big part of our lives. We've worked/served at many since that first weekend. I cannot even begin to tell you how much God has blessed us through these weekends. He's used them to change our lives for the better by drawing us closer to Him.

Well, the men's weekend is this weekend. It started last night (Thursday) and will go through late Sunday afternoon.
I hate to say this, but with Brandy's schedule as a farmer, we're used to him working long long hours during parts of the year. Guess what I'm trying to say is, although we miss him while he's gone, it's not so hard on us. Does that make sense?

My usual "schedule" while he's gone for 3 nights is...
  • 1st night. Although I miss him, I enjoy the TV being off (he usually turns it on after the kids are in bed), and some quiet time to myself. Miss cuddling with him, but at least I get to hog the bed!

  • 2nd night (tonight). Miss him a little more. Quiet has lost some of its appeal. Miss his presence and his help with the kids, house and dogs. Still have the perk of hogging the bed.

  • 3rd night (tomorrow night). Still very glad he's there, but ready for him to come home. Soon.

Well, while Tye really misses his dad, he likes to capitalize on the fact that he is gone. I can usually expect, "Mom, can I sleep with you?" This came last night, to which I responded, ok, tomorrow night.

Well...I don't think I'll get the "perk" of hogging the bed tonight! I went in my bedroom a little while ago and this is what I saw:


Too cute! I think I may have to scoot him over a bit...

2 comments:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

I'm with you! It's good to know our boys on the Hill, but I miss mine, too. I have a little bed partner every night, too.

Great post, Carey! Lots of fun to read. ...

janelle said...

Ha ha! Too funny!