Donations
I've had a few people express interest in donating items to E so I thought I would post about it. Brandy and I are able to each carry two 50 lbs bags. Our agency asks us to make one of those bags a 50 lb bag of donations.
I emailed the E director from the agency asking what types of things they are needing right now. He just came back from there. The needs lists changes, of course, as donations are made.
Here's what he said,
The main thing they ALWAYS need is shoes. Sizes for 2 up to 10, mainly 4-5 year olds.
They love the Croc type and or sandals, open toed anything will work. Other than that there is no one particular thing that is better than another. Clothing is always in need, just make sure it is [good]consignment store quality is all we ask. Toys of course are welcome as well, something that several can play with at a time. Baby needs...diaper rash creams, infant Tylenol, shampoo, etc.
I have heard not that long ago that boys clothes are more in need than girls, and that they have quite a few baby clothes.
If anyone would like to donate, please email me at borch@netllcwb.net.
The women are asked to dress quite modestly, with no shoulders, elbows or knees showing. Although I think I dress fairly conservative, and I have almost no 3/4 length sleeve (it will be around 80 degrees) shirts. A friend has offered to pick some up at thrift stores for me and I will simply donate them before we go.
We are just going with the assumption that everything will go as scheduled unless we hear differently. So we're still expecting to leave April 3rd.
Thank you!!!!!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment