And We're Off!!
It's just about here! In less than 12 hours we'll start our journey to our children. Praise the Lord!!! Wow!! Wow!! Wow!!
There is a good chance I will not get to blog from E. Internet, while available, is quite unreliable (and dial-up). But I will catch you all up eventually when we get home. And of course, post lots of pics!!
Just a note on when we arrive home. I wish I had written this earlier so I had time to put a little more thought into it and explain it better. But here goes.
Our kids from E have gone through a lot in their little lives, and this is another "a lot" thing. Huge. The biggest thing that we need to promote is attachment between them and us, their Mom and Dad. Right now that is the most important relationship. Others are very important as well, but relationship between child and parent is foundational and affects other relationships.
Because of that, and because they are going to be completely over stimulated in the States, we are asking that you give our family a breathing period of about a week. Please no visits and very few phone calls (we'll miss you and we'll call if we need to take a break!).
After that, we'd love to have you stop by sometime. But please limit your visit to 20 minutes. I know that's so short! But hopefully we'll have years together after the adjustment of our kids. Also, if you happen to bring any gifts, please first give them to Brandy or I. We'll hand them to the kids and tell them it is from you. But they need to understand that Mom and Dad are their providers. Also, please no hugs and kisses the first month they are home. After that, read their body language as to what they feel comfortable with.
Be aware that we won't leave the house with our kids from E for about a month or so. For the above reasons. I'm a homebody by nature, so this should be fine with me! (at least for a while!).
Thank you thank you thank you. Again and again and again. All the support we've gotten. It's tremendous. There are not words enough to say thank you. Especially for the prayers. They mean so much. God Bless!!
And yes...even though I still have a little bit of packing to do...I'm ready to go!! Yeah!






10 comments:
Praying for you guys!! Can't believe your about to leave already! I'm excited for your family and for your kids to finally be home! God Bless!!
Your day is here! God answers prayers! Praying for great flights, health, sleep, (the time change :0), for the children at home, and most of all experience God's love and peace while your gone! Your advice is wonderful in your blog!! Enjoy this miracle!
Blessing's!
Carey,
We hope that have a great trip and that God will bless every minute of it! Can't wait until you have your family all home and together! Praying for you!
Blessings on your trip. We are praying your first moments together go well. We love you to pieces!!!
You will be in our prayers! All the best. May your family continue to be blessed!
Best wishes and safe travels! Can't wait to hear from you guys next! So very exciting!
Yes, everything that everyone else said.
Praying too that the adjustment for them goes well - God can do that you know, make it be uneventful.
But also, understanding that this is a huge (the word isn't even big enough) change for your kids.
Praying you through Brandy and Carey.
God embrace this wonderful family! I'm so excited that the day has come!
I'm looking forward to seeing pictures and reading the details about your trip once you return.
Praying for your family and the sweet precious children that will be joining you soon.
Congtatulations!!! Safe travels!!!Amy
I know your gone! :) But I just want you to know I think and pray so often for you and your family! Praying that all is well and that you, Brandy and children are feeling the prayers for bonding, the children at home, health and great travels as you prepare to come home!!! Hugs!!!
Post a Comment